11th International Conference Innovative Seating 2016
Customer expectations - Light weight - Smart textiles - Emissions - Comfort
With automotive seats accounting for over 5% to 6% of a vehicle’s total costs, auto majors are increasingly focusing on next generation intelligent seating solutions and designs to enhance quality of seating systems and comfort levels.
As there is very little scope for product differentiation on the outside of the car, auto majors are increasingly targeting vehicle interiors and safety features as competitive differentiators in the market to meet consumer preferences.
After ten successful annual conferences with an exclusive focus on Innovative Seating, this edition of the 11th International Conference Innovative Seating 2016 is even more promising!
Over the last decade we have provided the automotive seating community with a wonderful platform for exchanging knowledge and ideas. We have heard dozens of case-studies relating to important and acute issues.
This year we bring you next generation innovative seating solutions to enhance quality of seating systems and comfort levels.
- Find out about smart textiles products that enhance automotive seat comfort to differentiate from competitors
- Discuss about the assessment of emissions in automotive interior space to fulfill OEMs stringent limits on the maximum level of volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Learn about light weight performance in seat structures and frames without compromising structural and safety performance
- Get insides on new technologies and methods to enhance comfort to fulfill customer expectations
- Discover how to overcome the conflict between cost reduction and the use of new materials by assessing pros and cons of different materials
What past participants said about the event
“The IQPC Innovative Seating conference provided valuable networking connections as well as conversations and presentations that facilitated forward thinking and new ideas to investigate.”Katherine Arthurs, Ergonomics Engineer, Legget & Platt
“Highly prepared speakers with excellent communication skills, good presentation content - useful, understandable level of information without overwhelming technical content.”Kelly Whalen, Seating Engineering, Honda R&D
“Innovate, innovate & innovate!!!”Gabriella Bisci, Fiat Group Automobiles